Authors: Michelle Gigowski and Timothy Moffit
Format: Softcover (USPS Shipping Required)
Length: 278 Pages
NOTE: Please allow up to three business days for the processing of your order.
What's It Worth? Making, Managing, and Measuring Value: Self-Storage Facility
Whether you’re looking to buy, sell or simply maintain your self-storage property, understanding the factors that determine real estate and business value is an important part of your investment. In this book, authors Michelle Gigowski and Timothy Moffit apply valuation theory to help owners and investors understand how value within the asset class can be made, managed and measured.
The authors have experience as educators, analysts, appraisers and turnaround consultants, which enables them to assist readers connect the dots between valuation theory and practice. Topics include:
- An overview of valuation
- How value is created, managed and measured
- Understanding self-storage as an asset class
- An overview of the industry and real estate investment trusts
- Self-storage facility financial statements
- External and internal value drivers and destroyers
- Self-storage value creation potential
- 10 self-storage turnaround tips
- 10 reasons to buy a self-storage facility
- Valuation approaches and models
- What’s my self-storage facility worth?
- Opportunities for further value creation
- Ideal property walk-through across markets
About the Authors
Michelle Gigowski writes and consults in health-care administration, real estate intensive valuation practices and entrepreneurship. Her research interest is in organizational value building. She has co-authored books, articles and case studies on valuation and entrepreneurship.
Timothy Moffit is chair of the Department of Economics and Business at Kalamazoo College in Kalamazoo, Mich. He holds a doctorate in business administration with a specialty in finance from Nova Southeastern University and a master’s in business administration from the Amos Tuck School at Dartmouth College. His teaching and research interests center on valuation theory, and the analysis and understanding of financial statements.
The “What’s It Worth?” series is published by Value It Press. Additional titles in the series examine valuation for mobile home parks and self-serve car washes.