READ FIRST! There are three USB drive products available in the “Self-Storage Keys of Knowledge” series. SOME CONTENT IS DUPLICATED between the three offerings. To see a detailed breakout of key contents and choose the best fit for your individual needs, please view this side-by-side comparison chart.
Creator: Bob Copper, Owner, Self Storage 101
Platform: USB Drive (USPS Shipping Required)
File Formats: PDF, PowerPoint, Windows Media, Word
NOTE: Please allow up to three business days for the processing of your order.
Self-Storage Key of Knowledge: Manager-Training Kit
Successful self-storage businesses begin with the facility manager, who must be the face of the operation and serve as property manager, collections agency, customer-service department and salesperson. This USB drive contains an essential set of written and recorded training materials designed to help managers increase the efficiency and profitability of a storage business. The handy USB drive includes:
- “Collections 101: Using Effective Collections Techniques to Increase Revenue and Profits” video
- “Effective Collection Techniques Without Sacrificing Customer Service” presentation slides
- “Self Storage Auctions” presentation slides
- “Customer Service 101: Using Common Sense to Provide Superior Customer Service” presentation and video
- “Handling Difficult Customers” tip sheet
- “Managing a Self Storage Facility” book
- Article on effective time-management training
- “Sales 101: Turn More Prospects Into Tenants” presentation and training video
- “Rent More Space with Effective Phone Sales Skills” workbook
- “Price Stalls” tip sheet
- “NOT Renting Space Is an Expensive Proposition” article
- “Using the ‘Yes or Yes’ Sales Technique” presentation slides
About the Creator
Bob Copper is owner and partner in charge of Self Storage 101, an industry consulting firm specializing in operational improvement, training, audits, feasibility and market studies, and due diligence. As a prominent consultant, author, speaker and trainer, Bob has worked with hundreds of self-storage owners, operators and managers to develop strategies for operational improvement, revenue growth and value enhancement. As a self-storage owner himself, he also has a unique perspective that relates to working with other operators.