Format: 16 DVDs (USPS Shipping Required)
Duration: Approximately 25 hours
NOTE: Please allow up to three business days for the processing of your DVD order.
Total Self-Storage Solutions 2014: Education DVD 30-Pack
These 30 sessions, recorded at the 2014 Inside Self-Storage World Expo, will teach self-storage professionals the full spectrum of the business: development, construction, investing, finance, ownership, management, marketing and risk management. The DVD bundle saves more than 30 percent off the individual DVD prices. The bundle includes:
- The 5 Costliest Mistakes Being Made By Self-Storage Owners - Learn how to avoid common self-storage operational mistakes by improving manager training, marketing techniques, the facility website, customer conversion and revenue management.
- Self-Storage Manager Motivation and Retention - Learn how to recognize a good self-storage manager (or a bad one) as well as ways to retain key staff, create effective bonus structures, implement pay raises, and improve training results.
- Operations Manual ... What Operations Manual? Developing Self-Storage Policies and Procedures - Learn how to create a self-storage operations manual of policies and procedures for your facility, use it to improve the business, and get employees to embrace and buy in to the new processes.
- Self-Storage Facility Auditing: Does Your System Meet Up-to-Date Standards? - Learn when, why and how to conduct a self-storage audit to keep your business running optimally. Topics include site-performance standards, tips on selecting an auditor, what experts look for, and more.
- Training Your Self-Storage Staff to Create High-Performance Personnel - Learn how to build an effective self-storage training program, including systems and techniques, trainee testing, continuing education, and how to create a supportive, educational employee culture.
- 12 Key Management Reports for Self-Storage and Their Secrets Revealed - Learn which self-storage management-software reports are key to finding the critical benchmarks you need to maximize business income. Discover how to properly read reports, analyze results, and more.
- Effective Expense Management: Minimizing Costs and Maximizing Facility Revenue - Get insight to your self-storage expenses, strategize your budget and minimize costs. This session will teach you best practices for spending as well as industry averages and money-saving ideas.
- Tried and Tested Techniques for Maximizing Self-Storage Collections - Learn proven strategies for maximizing revenue by managing your collections efforts. You'll discover best practices, how to condition customers to pay, and goal-setting to minimize past-due accounts.
- Self-Storage Selling Techniques: A Hands-On Practicum - Learn the differences between self-storage phone transactions and walk-in visits, and see actual demonstrations for how to guide customer conversations and successfully close each deal.
- Handling Tricky Customer-Service Issues in Self-Storage - Learn how to effectively address difficult customer-service situations in self-storage, including procedures to put in place, how to initiate contact and how to close an interaction once resolution is reached.
- Mastering Your Self-Storage Pricing Strategies - Learn how to maximize the profitability of your property through smart revenue-management strategies, including how and when to raise rates, factors in setting rents, key management reports, and more.
- Self-Storage Facility Maintenance From A to Z - Learn about recent changes in industry maintenance needs and how they affect your specific routine. Topics include maintenance budgeting, hiring a professional, proactive vs. reactive maintenance and more.
- Community Marketing for Self-Storage - Use grassroots marketing to promote your storage facility! In this session, you'll learn how to establish and maintain profitable community relationships, creating supporters and influencers for your company.
- Online-Marketing Metrics: How to Track, Interpret and Use Your Results - Learn how to track marketing efforts down to a cost per rental by media source so you can focus on tactics that provide the largest gain. You'll discover how to identify the metrics that matter most.
- SEO and SEM Don'ts for Self-Storage Operators - Learn important don'ts around search engine marketing and optimization, how to keep track of your online marketing, and how to maintain the integrity of your self-storage company's website.
DEVELOPMENT & CONSTRUCTION
- Self-Storage Development 101: Building a Profitable Property - Walk through the complete development process in this session that draws on real-life examples. Topics include site selection, project size, land costs, facility design, unit mix, engineering and more.
- How to Choose a Self-Storage Site and Ensure It's Buildable - Learn about the importance of site selection to facility success, the factors that influence the decision-making process, how technology impacts your chosen property, and how to overcome development pitfalls.
- Creative Design Techniques for Self-Storage - Learn how design drives facility success and get insight to building an attractive, efficient project. Topics include office design, multi-story, landscaping, and the role of design in community relations.
- Refurbishing Your Self-Storage Facility - Learn how to add value to your existing property, increase curb appeal and attract customers with facility refurbishing. Topics include the property review, budgeting, scheduling, hiring contractors and more.
- Self-Storage to Workspace: Creating a Mixed-Use Facility for Higher Revenue - Learn how you can use a mixed-use conversion project to create a community art space and generate more profit. Topics include costs involved, revenue outcomes, legal compliance, design, zoning and more.
- Developing and Making Money With a Solar Storage Facility - Learn how to generate more income with your boat/RV-storage carports through the addition of solar panels. Topics will include timelines, financing, costs, tax benefits, revenue potential and more.
INVESTMENT & FINANCE
- Assembling a Self-Storage Loan Package to Obtain Attractive Financing - Learn the best way to approach self-storage lenders for a new loan, including how to assemble your loan package and structure the request to meet your investment goals.
- The Capital Markets and Current Loan Products for Self-Storage Owners/Investors - Learn everything you need to know about the state of the debt market and the current loan products available to self-storage owners and investors, including structures, rates, terms, costs and more.
- 5 Trends to Help You Maximize Self-Storage Profit and Facility Value - In this seminar, you'll learn about the market conditions that have impacted your facility’s past performance and discover five trends that are currently affecting its performance and investment value.
- Planning Your Self-Storage Exit Strategy - Get information for your self-storage exit strategy including how to market your facility for sale, obstacles that can kill the deal, tax considerations, succession strategies, reinvestment options and more.
- Buying an Existing Self-Storage Facility: What to Look for and How to Get the Best Deal - Learn how to find self-storage properties available for purchase and identify those that have upside potential. Also get tips on how to win deals pursued by multiple buyers and avoid common pitfalls.
- The Underwriting Techniques Used to Value Self-Storage Facilities Today - Learn how the value of a storage facility is determined in today's real estate market. Also hear about common issues facing sellers and topics such as cap rates, facility ratings, value-add deals and more.
RISK MANAGEMENT (Limiting Liability Track)
For more detailed descriptions and previews of DVD content, please refer to each DVD’s individual product page by clicking on the linked title.
Individual sessions are also available as on-demand video.