Format: 6 DVDs (USPS Shipping Required)
Duration: Approximately 10 hours
NOTE: Please allow up to three business days for the processing of your DVD order.
Self-Storage Builders Bundle 2014: DVD Education 12-Pack
Huge savings! Now you can get all 12 sessions from the Development & Construction and Investment & Finance education tracks from the 2014 Inside Self-Storage World Expo in one convenient package. This 12-session pack saves you nearly 25 percent off the individual DVD prices and features self-storage experts discussing important industry topics. The bundle includes:
DEVELOPMENT & CONSTRUCTION
- Self-Storage Development 101: Building a Profitable Property - Walk through the complete development process in this session that draws on real-life examples. Topics include site selection, project size, land costs, facility design, unit mix, engineering and more.
- How to Choose a Self-Storage Site and Ensure It's Buildable - Learn about the importance of site selection to facility success, the factors that influence the decision-making process, how technology impacts your chosen property, and how to overcome development pitfalls.
- Creative Design Techniques for Self-Storage - Learn how design drives facility success and get insight to building an attractive, efficient project. Topics include office design, multi-story, landscaping, and the role of design in community relations.
- Refurbishing Your Self-Storage Facility - Learn how to add value to your existing property, increase curb appeal and attract customers with facility refurbishing. Topics include the property review, budgeting, scheduling, hiring contractors and more.
- Self-Storage to Workspace: Creating a Mixed-Use Facility for Higher Revenue - Learn how you can use a mixed-use conversion project to create a community art space and generate more profit. Topics include costs involved, revenue outcomes, legal compliance, design, zoning and more.
- Developing and Making Money With a Solar Storage Facility - Learn how to generate more income with your boat/RV-storage carports through the addition of solar panels. Topics will include timelines, financing, costs, tax benefits, revenue potential and more.
INVESTMENT & FINANCE
- Assembling a Self-Storage Loan Package to Obtain Attractive Financing - Learn the best way to approach self-storage lenders for a new loan, including how to assemble your loan package and structure the request to meet your investment goals.
- The Capital Markets and Current Loan Products for Self-Storage Owners/Investors - Learn everything you need to know about the state of the debt market and the current loan products available to self-storage owners and investors, including structures, rates, terms, costs and more.
- 5 Trends to Help You Maximize Self-Storage Profit and Facility Value - In this seminar, you'll learn about the market conditions that have impacted your facility’s past performance and discover five trends that are currently affecting its performance and investment value.
- Planning Your Self-Storage Exit Strategy - Get information for your self-storage exit strategy including how to market your facility for sale, obstacles that can kill the deal, tax considerations, succession strategies, reinvestment options and more.
- Buying an Existing Self-Storage Facility: What to Look for and How to Get the Best Deal - Learn how to find self-storage properties available for purchase and identify those that have upside potential. Also get tips on how to win deals pursued by multiple buyers and avoid common pitfalls.
- The Underwriting Techniques Used to Value Self-Storage Facilities Today - Learn how the value of a storage facility is determined in today's real estate market. Also hear about common issues facing sellers and topics such as cap rates, facility ratings, value-add deals and more.
For more detailed descriptions and previews of DVD content, please refer to each DVD’s individual product page by clicking on the linked title.
Individual sessions are also available as on-demand video.