Format: 6 DVDs (USPS Shipping Required)
Duration: Approximately 10 hours
Self-Storage Builders Bundle 2014: DVD Education 12-Pack
Huge savings! Now you can get all 12 sessions from the Development & Construction and Investment & Finance education tracks from the 2014 Inside Self-Storage World Expo in one convenient package. This 12-session pack saves you nearly 25 percent off the individual DVD prices and features self-storage experts discussing important industry topics. The bundle includes:
DEVELOPMENT & CONSTRUCTION
- Self-Storage Development 101: Building a Profitable Property - Walk through the complete development process in this session that draws on real-life examples. Topics include site selection, project size, land costs, facility design, unit mix, engineering and more.
- How to Choose a Self-Storage Site and Ensure It's Buildable - Learn about the importance of site selection to facility success, the factors that influence the decision-making process, how technology impacts your chosen property, and how to overcome development pitfalls.
- Creative Design Techniques for Self-Storage - Learn how design drives facility success and get insight to building an attractive, efficient project. Topics include office design, multi-story, landscaping, and the role of design in community relations.
- Refurbishing Your Self-Storage Facility - Learn how to add value to your existing property, increase curb appeal and attract customers with facility refurbishing. Topics include the property review, budgeting, scheduling, hiring contractors and more.
- Self-Storage to Workspace: Creating a Mixed-Use Facility for Higher Revenue - Learn how you can use a mixed-use conversion project to create a community art space and generate more profit. Topics include costs involved, revenue outcomes, legal compliance, design, zoning and more.
- Developing and Making Money With a Solar Storage Facility - Learn how to generate more income with your boat/RV-storage carports through the addition of solar panels. Topics will include timelines, financing, costs, tax benefits, revenue potential and more.
INVESTMENT & FINANCE
- Assembling a Self-Storage Loan Package to Obtain Attractive Financing - Learn the best way to approach self-storage lenders for a new loan, including how to assemble your loan package and structure the request to meet your investment goals.
- The Capital Markets and Current Loan Products for Self-Storage Owners/Investors - Learn everything you need to know about the state of the debt market and the current loan products available to self-storage owners and investors, including structures, rates, terms, costs and more.
- 5 Trends to Help You Maximize Self-Storage Profit and Facility Value - In this seminar, you'll learn about the market conditions that have impacted your facility’s past performance and discover five trends that are currently affecting its performance and investment value.
- Planning Your Self-Storage Exit Strategy - Get information for your self-storage exit strategy including how to market your facility for sale, obstacles that can kill the deal, tax considerations, succession strategies, reinvestment options and more.
- Buying an Existing Self-Storage Facility: What to Look for and How to Get the Best Deal - Learn how to find self-storage properties available for purchase and identify those that have upside potential. Also get tips on how to win deals pursued by multiple buyers and avoid common pitfalls.
- The Underwriting Techniques Used to Value Self-Storage Facilities Today - Learn how the value of a storage facility is determined in today's real estate market. Also hear about common issues facing sellers and topics such as cap rates, facility ratings, value-add deals and more.
For more detailed descriptions and previews of DVD content, please refer to each DVD’s individual product page by clicking on the linked title.
NOTE: Please allow up to three business days for the processing of your DVD order.
Individual sessions are also available as on-demand video.