Inside Self-Storage Magazine: February 2014
The Inside Self-Storage February 2014 issue focuses on buyer and investor issues, exploring the self-storage lending and real estate market, property taxes, project feasibility, joint ventures and more.
Inside Self-Storage February 2014
The self-storage real estate and finance landscape has changed drastically in just the past 18 months, with financing becoming more readily available and construction activity beginning anew. While there are still a number of hurdles to finding and financing that perfect self-storage project, now’s the time to buy, build or refinance your dream development. This issue of ISS dives into the topic of self-storage finance and investing, addressing key issues of lending, capital markets, loan request, joint-venture structures, due diligence, project feasibility and more.
- An overview of the capital markets
- Tips on achieving a fair property-tax value
- The benefits of joint ventures
- How to conduct an accurate feasibility study
- The three keys to buyer due diligence
- Recognizing—and preventing—an overbuilt market
- Creating a loan-request package
- Winter maintenance tips
- 2014 Inside Self-Storage World Expo preview