Speakers: M. Anne Ballard, President of Training, Marketing & Developmental Services, and Stacie Maxwell, Vice President of Marketing, Universal Storage Group; Christopher Baird, CEO, Automatit Inc.
Format: DVD (USPS Shipping Required)
Duration: 2 hours, 45 minutes
Self-Storage Marketing Workshop
Knowing where and by what means to direct your self-storage marketing efforts is key to building a symbiotic marketing/management relationship that benefits your business. Savvy operators know that management data and reporting should directly impact and drive a facility's marketing methods. In turn, those marketing efforts are reflected in and can be measured as part of facility performance.
In this 2.75-hour workshop, you'll learn how to leverage your operational success and shortfalls to direct and strengthen your marketing position. You'll also gain insight to traditional and innovative techniques for promoting your business including print materials, online marketing, community outreach, networking, mobile marketing and more.
Also included with your purchase is access to the speakers’ full slide presentation in PDF format. Instructions for downloading the slides will be included with your DVD.
Topics covered include:
- Simple grassroots and community marketing efforts that provide big results
- Becoming a trusted community resource and category of one
- Making marketing calls: how to gather contacts and create strategic alliances
- Starting and using networking groups to build referrals and generate traffic
- Successful staging of onsite events
- How to use offsite events to drive traffic to your property
- What makes a good website and mobile website
- Using SEO/SEM to maximize your online exposure
- Using QR codes, e-mail marketing, social media and other technologies to cut costs and reach larger audiences
- Using traditional marketing channels like Yellow Pages, print advertising and direct mail
- Creating and using printed marketing materials like business cards and rack cards
- How to measure the success of your marketing efforts
- Setting marketing goals and achieving them
A preview of the DVD can be watched below: