Inside Self-Storage Magazine: December 2013
The ISS December 2013 issue explores important issues of self-storage staffing, with articles on hiring, employee retention, evaluations, training, manager bonuses and more.
Inside Self-Storage December 2013
Self-storage is a customer-centric business, with the manager at the heart of it all. Great managers will keep a well-performing facility at the top of its game or turn a floundering operation into a successful one. But they can’t do it alone. Employees need support from ownership including training, incentives and feedback on their performance. The December issue explores staffing from a number of angles with articles on hiring, employee retention, evaluations, training, bonuses and more.
- Five reasons your manager may be looking for a new job
- Tips on performing effective employee evaluations
- The red flags that could indicate employee theft
- Qualities to consider when hiring part-time staff
- Employee bonus plans
- Advice on building an effective manager-training program
- Using social media to find quality employees
- Guidance for reducing job stress and burnout
- Ways to maximize your 401(k) plan
- Vendor Showcase: Extra Space Storage