Speaker: Bob Copper, Owner, Self Storage 101
Format: DVD (USPS Shipping Required)
Duration: Approximately 2 hours, 27 minutes (broken into three sessions)
Self-Storage Owner/Operator Executive Summit
DAY ONE: Administering and Evaluating Your Self-Storage Asset
The digital summit is a new online education experience optimized for self-storage professionals. Each summit takes place live with real-time Q&A and is recorded for future distribution. This DVD contains a copy of Day One of the Self-Storage Owner/Operator Executive Summit, which took place on Oct. 16, 2013. It includes all three education sessions recorded on the day of the event. Following is a description of the session contents.
Also included with your purchase is a digital workbook you can access in PDF format. Instructions for downloading your workbook will be included with your DVD.
Session 1: Staffing
Your self-storage management staff is critical to facility success. In this segment, you'll learn professional and proven steps to hire the best people for the job. Topics include:
- Recruiting facility managers for a modern industry era
- Developing and implementing a training program
- Establishing staff goals and expectations
- Setting the example for team members
- Creating an effective compensation program
Session 2: Professional Facility Management
Segment two teaches effective executive management skills to ensure optimum performance of your asset. Topics include:
- Effective management styles
- Communications 101
- Learning to get more done through your people
- What you need to know: understanding numbers and reports
- Establishing policies and procedures
Session 3: Facility Audits and Operational Reviews
In segment three, you'll learn how to conduct and use an operational review and audit to maximize your business profit. Covered topics include:
- Creating a step-by-step system for facility reviews
- Understanding the why, who and when of a facility audit
- Using the audit for training and operational improvement
- Reviewing the physical plant
- Understanding how employees steal
To purchase the Day Two DVD, click here. To buy both DVDs in a discount package that will save you $100, click here.
About the Presenter
Bob Copper is owner and partner in charge of Self Storage 101, an industry consulting firm specializing in operational improvement, training, audits, feasibility and market studies, and due diligence. As a prominent consultant, author, speaker and trainer, Bob has worked with hundreds of self-storage owners, operators and managers to develop strategies for operational improvement, revenue growth and value enhancement. As a self-storage owner himself, he also has a unique perspective that relates to working with other operators.