Inside Self-Storage October 2013
The self-storage real estate market has undergone considerable consolidation over the past two years, as the buyer’s market continues to thrive. Quality single-store facilities in prime markets have been snatched up, and large portfolios have been sold for millions of dollars. In addition, more self-storage owners are turning to third-party companies, including those that handle daily operations, to help them succeed in busy markets.
In this issue, you’ll find the 2013 Top-Operators List, a who’s-who of the self-storage industry, illustrating these real estate fluctuations. In addition, you’ll find an in-depth analysis of interesting trends and a few surprises from this year’s list. Companies are ranked by square footage, and the listings include the number of locations, operating names, expansion plans and more for the industry’s leading multi-facility operators and third-party management companies.
- 2013 Top-Operators List
- Inside the numbers: Trends and revelations in the 2013 Top-Operators List
- Third-party services for self-storage: Benefits and things to know about outsourcing facility management, marketing, maintenance and payments
- Improving your facility's online reviews
- Steps to increase your rental rates
- Vendor Showcase: Argus Self Storage Sales Network