Speaker: Scott Frank, Principal, Law Offices of Scott A. Frank
Format: MP3 and PDF
Duration: 52 minutes
Turning Distressed Properties Into Self-Storage Opportunities
In today's distressed real estate market, not all self-storage properties and sellers are created equal. Between bank-owned properties, foreclosures and over-leveraged sellers forced into short sales, there are opportunities for the adventurous and aggressive buyer. This seminar covers what kinds of due diligence a buyer can perform before the foreclosure auction, things to keep in mind when negotiating directly with the banks, and how to work with short-sale sellers to get deals closed. Our presenter also discusses techniques for negotiating with players who may not have significant experience with or understanding of self-storage facilities.
You will learn:
- How to negotiate directly with banks on bank-owned properties
- What banks often don’t know about the self-storage facilities they own
- How to find short-sale opportunities, the paperwork needed, and how to tell who is really running the deal
- How foreclosures work and the risks involved
- The risks and benefits of note sales
NOTE: This audiocast will be delivered to your “My On-Demand Library” in a downloadable zip file folder. Your folder will contain an MP3 audio file of your purchased session, along with a PDF of the matching presentation slides provided by the speaker.