Speaker: Alyssa Quill, Vice President and Managing Partner, Storage Asset Management
Duration: 43 minutes
The Art of Creating Your Annual Self-Storage Budget
Your annual budget is the road map to the financial success of your self-storage operation. It helps you predict cash flow, set goals for revenue growth and create a framework to manage expenses. But the creation of a good budget takes time, preparation and research. In this session, you'll learn the importance of creating a realistic budget and the critical items it must address. Our presenter provides insight on how to use your budget to manage revenue, expenses, bank relationships and staff. She also talks about ways to measure and report against the budget throughout the year, creating incentive plans, and avoiding common budgeting pitfalls.
You will learn:
- What you need to create your budget
- Tips for creating a realistic budget
- How to use your budget to manage the business year-round
- How to create a budget-based incentive program for staff
- Common budgeting pitfalls to avoid
This product is also available in DVD format.