Speaker: RK Kliebenstein, Vice President of Acquisitions, Metro Storage LLC
Duration: 33 minutes
Trimming the Self-Storage Fat: How to Control Facility Costs and Achieve Fiscal Fitness
Is your self-storage business a lean, mean operating machine, or does it carry the weight of a few extra expenses? Research shows the average person gains about a pound a year unless he's careful about his habits. The same is true about your self-storage operation. Year after year, expenses can creep up unless you make a concerted effort to watch what you spend and make regular adjustments. Our presenter gives you insight to a "self-storage diet" that will help cut expenses back to an "ideal weight." He talks about maintenance costs, pay raises, utility costs, tax expenses and more. Learn how to watch the pennies, control the dollars an achieve fiscal fitness!
You will learn:
- How to avoid organic “expense creep”
- How to manage maintenance and repair expenses
- How annual pay raises can affect your bottom line
- How to tighten the belt on utility costs
- The difference between tax expenses and true operating expenses
This product is also available in DVD format.