Speaker: Carol Krendl, Owner, SkilCheck Services Inc.
Duration: 46 minutes
Effective and Sensible Discounting in Self-Storage
Discounting is sometimes helpful in the self-storage business, but you have to be sensible about it, and you must know when to rein it in and raise rates. This session demonstrates how discounts and concessions affect the profitability of your self-storage property and teaches you how to effectively use them to improve business profitability. Our presenter discusses a variety of specials and helps you determine if you're giving too much away to get each new customer. She also discusses economic vs. physical occupancy and why it's important to focus on the former.
You will learn:
- How to effectively offer concessions
- Why it's important to focus on economic rather than physical occupancy
- A variety of specials that entice customers to rent without giving away the store
- How to effectively sell storage in a recession
- The difference between giving time and discounts and how it affects income in the long and short term
This product is also available in DVD format.