Speaker: Mike Schofield, President and CEO, MiniCo Insurance Agency
Duration: 47 minutes
The Three Cs of Self-Storage Insurance: Catastrophes, Claims and Coverage
Catastrophic insurance claims can have a devastating impact on a self-storage business, including its employees and customers. It's important that facility owners understand the risks and perils that may lead to a catastrophic claim—such as fire, hail, tornado, windstorm, earthquake, flood and customer lawsuits—and the coverages that may help protect the business operation. This session addresses those options, information on risk management and more.
You will learn:
- How to manage risk and mitigate loss
- Policy-limit considerations and how to secure adequate coverage
- How to train employees in risk management
- Where to find information on disaster preparation
- How to comply with statutes
This product is also available in DVD format.