Moderator: Peter Ingersoll, CEO, Safe Harbour Equity Inc.
Panelists: Charles Byerly, CEO, Westport Properties Inc.; Robert Chiti, President, OpenTech Alliance Inc; Ajay Prasad, CEO, GMR Web Team; Kat Shenoy, CEO, E-SoftSys
Format: DVD (USPS Shipping Required)
Duration: Approximately 50 minutes
Alternatives to Self-Storage Consolidation: How to Avoid Being a Sellout
If you're an independent self-storage operator, is it inevitable that will you will one day sell out to a real estate investment trust? These days, much discussion revolves around the competitive advantages of scale in our industry, such as Internet-marketing success, employee morale and camaraderie, streamlined operating systems, and vendor buying power. This session explores alternative ways of gaining the same edge without having to "sell out." Our presenters discuss strategies smaller operators can use to compete.
You will learn:
- The competitive difference between large and small operators
- Why some form of industry consolidation is necessary
- How to capitalize on the competitive strengths of local markets
- How to create scale without selling out
- Why size matters, and how to create it locally
This product is also available as on-demand video.
A preview of the DVD can be watched below: