Speaker: Jeffrey Greenberger, Partner, Katz, Greenberger & Norton LLP
Format: DVD (USPS Shipping Required)
Duration: 59 minutes
Hurdles to the Courthouse: Actions You Can Take to Reduce Your Chances of Being Sued
While there's no such thing as a "bullet-proof" lease, there are clauses you can include in your self-storage rental agreement and other actions you can take to lower your overall legal risk. These measures are designed to protect the self-storage operator by making a lawsuit unattractive and hard to file by a tenant. When combined, they greatly lower your risk of being sued and the risk of a high-dollar judgment if you are. Our presenter shares clauses you can insert into your rental agreement that act as "hurdles to the courthouse" for tenants. He'll also share action items that further reduce the risk of lawsuits or help you avoid high-dollar judgments.
You will learn:
- The most common types of lawsuits against self-storage facilities
- Specific lease clauses to avoid or reduce the dollar value of common lawsuits
- Actions that expose operators to legal claims
- Changes operators can make to reduce the likelihood of legal claims
- How courts enforce these types of clauses today
This product is also available as on-demand video.
A preview of the DVD can be watched below: