Speaker: Jeffrey Greenberger, Partner, Katz Greenberger & Norton LLP
Format: DVD (USPS Shipping Required)
Duration: 28 minutes
The Unwritten Rules of Rent Payment: Items to Consider for Your Self-Storage Rental Agreement
It’s common for self-storage operators to have in place several rules pertaining to rental payments. The problem is many fail to disclose them in writing to their tenants. Failure to stipulate payment rules in your rental agreement can call into question whether they are truly enforceable when customers inevitably breach them. Attempts to enforce unwritten rules retroactively can lead to litigation. In this DVD, our presenter addresses several items to which operators should give careful consideration in regard to payment rules and rental agreements.
You will learn:
- Factors regarding when, how and where rental payments can be made and received
- Factors for determining when payments can or will be refused
- Credit card issues, including authorizations, chargebacks, future payments and refunds
- Factors concerning late payments, lien sales and overlocks
- Factors regarding the use of technology for accepting payments, including the Internet and kiosks
- And much more!
NOTE: Please allow up to three business days for the processing of your DVD order.
This product is also available as an on-demand video.
A preview of the DVD can be watched below: