Speaker: Jeffrey Greenberger, Partner, Katz Greenberger & Norton LLP
Format: DVD (USPS Shipping Required)
Duration: 54 minutes
‘Storage Wars’ and Self-Storage: 10 Problems Reality TV Shows Create for Your Business
Reality television shows like “Storage Wars” may provide the self-storage industry with broader exposure, but they also are changing public perception and business practices in ways that could put facilities at risk. Our presenter discusses 10 ways in which the depiction of self-storage on reality TV can negatively impact facility operation and provides suggestions for avoiding unnecessary litigation.
You will learn:
- How misrepresenting lien-sale procedures before and during an auction creates problems for operators
- Issues associated with new and uneducated buyers and how false expectations can hurt you in court
- The unintended consequences of the public’s increased interest in self-storage auctions
- The notion of “commercially reasonable sale” and what it may mean to you
- How some operators have put themselves at risk by altering practices related to auctions
- The dangers created by increased attendance during lien sales
- And much more!
NOTE: Please allow up to three business days for the processing of your DVD order.
This product is also available as an on-demand video.
A preview of the DVD can be watched below: