Speaker: Jeffrey Greenberger, Partner, Katz Greenberger & Norton LLP
Duration: 53 minutes
The ‘Four-Letter Words’ of Self-Storage: Words and Phrases to Avoid in the Operation of Your Business
Similar to how the Federal Communications Commission used to keep a list of words people were not allowed to say on radio and television, self-storage operators should banish some words and phrases from their self-storage vocabulary. Although these terms are not “dirty” per se, they can become problematic and invite lawsuits because they are difficult for operators to define and are often misinterpreted by customers, lawyers and judges.
You will learn:
- Terms to avoid regarding truck rentals
- How to describe the presence of an on-site manager
- What it means to be “professional”
- Words to avoid when describing or naming your facility
- Problems with security-feature descriptions
- Why the term “climate controlled” should be banned from the industry
- Why consistent terminology in rental agreements and other materials is critical
- And much more!
This product is also available in DVD format.