Moderator: Jim Chiswell, President, Chiswell & Associates LLC
• Cris Burnam, President and Chief Operating Officer, StorageMart
• Daniel "Skip" Elefante, President, Platinum Storage Group and Storage Direct
• Jack Rogers, Vice President of Business Development, Sovran Self Storage Inc.
• Carol Shipley, Vice President of Third-Party Management, CubeSmart
• Jim Stevens, Senior Vice President of Acquisitions and Strategic Partnerships, Extra Space Storage
Duration: 52 minutes
A View From the Top: Self-Storage Leaders Discuss Operational Challenges in 2012
It's not often your average self-storage facility operator gets the opportunity to gain live, up-to-the-minute business insight from top leaders in the field. In this illuminating session, representatives from some of the industry's largest and most successful self-storage companies share perspectives on the operational challenges faced by all industry operators, large and small. Representing more than 100 million square feet of storage space and approximately 995,000 rental units, our panelists discuss what to expect in 2012 and how to prepare for the future. They also address the status of the industry's pricing power, the trend toward Internet lead-generation, industry consolidation and more.
You will learn:
• The operational challenges shared by the industry's large and small operators
• Where we are now and where the industry is headed
• Have we regained pricing power with new and current tenants?
• Internet lead-generation: myth or truth?
• Industry consolidation and the decade ahead